Use of Anti-Virus Software and take help from Yahoo Customer service for your email service is very important. Ensure that your email accounts are protected by industry leading anti-virus technology from AOL Customer Service that is updated every hour against the latest virus threats. It is also profoundly recommended to install and maintain great and well-respected anti-virus software on your computer to prevent infection from USB drives, CDs or DVDs and so on. It is also better to scan all attachments with a virus program before downloading/executing any, even in the event that they come from someone you know.
Use of Spam Filters Software
Spam-filters help avoiding spam emails to get into your inboxes or flag spam emails as such so that you are aware of them. Depending on the software and configuration some spam filters can automatically eliminate garbage emails and square web bugs that track your activity and system information. Some email hosting providers offer these services as part of your package deal. Call AOL Technical Support Contact Number, it guarantees its customers to get a “premium spam filtering and antivirus solution, eliminating most of unwanted email before it ever reaches your inbox.
- Keep everything updated! In Firefox, click the help menu to check for updates. In Internet Explorer, select Windows Update under the tools menu.
- Be aware of plug-in that access your AOL account information and keep them updated. On the off chance that a plug-in, for instance, is set to automatically check your AOL inbox, the creators of that plug-in potentially have access to your username and password.
- You’re AOL Account
- Change your password in the event that you suspect your account may be compromised. Use a combination of letters and numbers and avoid usually used words.
- Go to AOL.com/accounts and select AOL Password Recovery for recovering Your Password to set up recovery options. You can regain access to your account via SMS, an alternate email address, or a security question on account of an account compromise or you forgetting your password.
- Check which websites can get access to your AOL account? Some websites can be set up to interact with your email account. Especially in the event that someone else has gained access to your email, check to see which websites can view your data. They may be viewed by clicking on the “Authorizing applications & sites” link on your AOL accounts homepage. Click “Revoke Access” to prevent any obscure sites from accessing your information.